Sunday, May 17, 2009

Snakey..is this a relative of yours?

So I was taking pictures of our lawn to post (see a few posts down) and looked down to see this:

Yes, my friends that is a snake twisting around my flowerbed. It took me quite off guard but I didn't scream (very proud of myself). I just jumped out of my skin and started taking pictures. I mean I had the camera in my hand already. Very fortuitous timing, huh?

At first, I thought it was the Fagan's friend, Snakey. They live about 6-8 houses down from us (on the same side of the street) and the snake could have decided an exodus was in order...but then I saw that it was a bit larger than I remembered Snakey being in the pictures...


Maybe it is Snakey's papa? You be the one to decide. I, for one, am grateful that we had some time together but am not so sad that I haven't seen him since. I guess he didn't like our water-logged sod lawn.

5 comments:

birmingham family said...

I just hope they stay by your house and crept over to ours!!! I so do not do snakes! Did you show Taylor?

a.b.c said...

eeek- it's huge! I probably would have screamed.

Shelly Benson said...

Crazy! You're brave.

Violet said...

I hate snakes!!! I am so afraid I am going to come across a rattle snake on my walk each day. I don't know what I will do when it happens. Lets just hope it never does.

Amanda said...

Crazy! I have never seen any of those little snakes and I have lived here for 20 years!
Go figure, I would run into 3 rattlesnakes in one weekend, though.