Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day Weekend

We had a great Mother's Day weekend and were lucky to have Grandma Edna and Grandpa Tony visit from Oregon. We had a such a fun time! On Friday, we watched regional preliminaries a.k.a. a track meet. The Basic kids did so well!! My triple jumpers almost made state. They missed it by only one place (you have to be in the top 3 to make it to state...only 9 kids from all of Nevada go to state). Then on Saturday we ate a yummy brunch at the Mirage and then Grandma Edna watched Taylor in the evening so that the rest of us could go see "Mystere" a show by Cirque de Solei. It was amazing to see so many different gymnasts and athletes! We were definitely fans. Then we relaxed on Sunday and enjoyed Taylor time and an outstanding dinner. And yes, I made the cake from scratch!! Vanilla cake with whipped frosting and strawberries. I don't know how I am going to go back to cakes out of the box. Thank you again, Grandma and Grandpa Graham, for coming and sharing such a special time with us!

No comments: