Friday, April 24, 2009

Summer = Good Eats


I would have to say that summer is most definitely on its way here in Vegas and besides the swimming prospects, essential barbeques, and comfy 'chill' evenings outside there is one important thing that comes along every summer...FRUIT. Namely, strawberries, watermelon and cantaloupe (my personal favorites). Taylor just started eating fruit this week and he is definitely a man after his momma's heart! So here is a blog toast to fruit and the scrumptious treats that await!

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

We're pretty excited about the good eats over here too! Jack LOVES fruit and has been gobbling up his fair share of watermelon lately!

Meggan said...

Yay for fruit! And I do think you should insure his feet. So much grace for such a small kiddo! Enjoy the great weather!

a.b.c said...

We've just started eating watermelon too, now that it's in season, and I love it. We almost always have a container of cut watermelon in our fridge, along with other fruit. mmm!

Violet said...

I love fruit too. Ben hasn't started it yet but I'm sure he is going to love it.

That picture is so great. You gotta save that one for his wife
:0)

Noel said...

When you mention watermelon, one memory of you comes to mind... We were driving up to camp with your mom. It was her first (and I think last) year as a cabin leader. On a particularly curvy part of the drive you mentioned that you could no longer eat your favorite fruit watermelon, because of the time you got carsick and threw it up. (I believe you and your mom were more detailed than "threw it up" but THANKFULLY that's the extent of the description I can recall).

I am sooo glad that you have resolved that aversion. Watermelon is a summer treat that should not be skipped! Taylor looks like such a happy little guy--what a blessing! Enjoy the fruits of summer!